How to Set Up Your Email in Microsoft Outlook (MAC)
Before proceeding, please ensure you have your email server settings ready before setting up your email in Outlook.
If your email service runs through DirectAdmin with us, please follow this guide to retrieve them: DirectAdmin Guide.
If your email service runs through cPanel with us, please follow this guide to retrieve them: cPanel Guide.
Follow these steps to set up your email in Microsoft Outlook using the MAC operating system:
1. Open up the Outlook application on your MAC device.
2. You will need to access the Accounts setting.
Note: If it is your first time setting up an email account on Outlook, it will open the accounts settings page by default.
To do this, click on the Outlook tab at the top of your screen and select Settings.
3. The account settings will appear. Click the Add Email Account button or the + sign in the bottom left-hand corner and select New Account.
4. Enter the email address you wish to configure, then click the Continue button.
5. Once the page has loaded, click the Continue button.
6. Toggle on the Show Advanced Settings option.
7. Fill out the form with your server settings to connect your account, then click the Add Account button when finished.
- Email Address: Your email address.
- IMAP Username: Your email address.
- IMAP Password: The password of your email address.
- IMAP Incoming Server: Your settings to connect to the server of your email service.
- SMTP Username: Your email address.
- SMTP Password: The password of your email address.
- SMTP Outgoing Server: Your settings to connect to the server of your email service.
8. It will run you through additional settings and terms to use their application.
9. Once you complete your options, the email account will finalise adding the email account. You can then start using Outlook to send/receive emails.